Video - Top 5 Reasons to STOP Recycling Your Printer Cartridges
Here are Top 5 Reasons Why You Should STOP Recycling Right Now:
1. While recycling can be a viable way to contribute to renewable resources as it takes less energy and resources to recycle spent products than to use virgin sources of material each and every time, the ugly side of Recycling is that roughly only 30% of materials that CAN be recycled, are in fact recycled.
2. Reuse requires less energy consumption than recycling, reduces the waste stream and conserves natural resources. Not using virgin materials – like how illegally cloned single-use printer cartridges are made – prevents the destruction of delicate ecosystems through the reduction of raw materials used.
3. Reusing items helps keep them in circulation, contributing to a more robust sustainable circular economy.
4. Some recycling methods can only recover low-quality materials that have limited benefits to the marketplace. This means more advanced recycling methods - like thermo-chemical recycling – must be used, which negatively affects environmental impact.
5. In reality, the best solution for a dynamic circular economy is a combination of recycling and reuse principles.... where Recycling is redefined simply as the method of collecting spent items....and Reuse becomes the process of converting a spent item into something usable again and again and again.
As always, thanks for watching!