Quality Imaging Solutions is a current GSA MAS Contractor for Office Supplies – Schedule Contract #GS-02F-0096V. QIS is also an authorized AbilityOne Program Distributor. QIS is a certified SBA Small Business – Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Certification pending. Visit our catalog on GSA Advantage here.
The AbilityOne® Program is among the largest sources of employment in the United States for individuals who are blind or have significant disabilities. Established in 1938, the program is administered by the U.S. AbilityOne Commission®, an independent Federal agency (whose statutory name is the Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled). The Commission has designated National Industries for the Blind, SourceAmerica® and the American Foundation for the Blind as the central nonprofit agencies facilitating the program.
The Commission consists of 15 Presidential appointees: 11 represent Federal agencies and four are private citizens knowledgeable about employment challenges faced by people who are blind or have significant disabilities. The Commission is supported by an Arlington, Virginia-based full-time staff, led by a career member of the Senior Executive Service.
Mission: Provide employment opportunities for people who are blind or have significant disabilities in the manufacture and delivery of products and services to the Federal Government.
Vision: Enable all people who are blind or have other significant disabilities to achieve their maximum employment potential.
- Employs approximately 45,000 people who are blind or have significant disabilities, including approximately 3,000 veterans. An estimated 35,000AbilityOne employees work on Department of Defense (DoD) contracts.
- Operates nationwide with approximately 500 nonprofit agencies working at more than 1,000 locations representing 40 government agencies.
- Supplied $3.9 billion in products and services to the Federal Government in FY2019.
- Supplies more than $2.3 billion of products and services annually to DoD, the largest customer of the AbilityOne Program.
- Provides custodial services and commissary shelf-stocking to the Federal Government.
- Provides military dining services to DoD.
- Operates more than 150 base supply centers.
- Delivers SKILCRAFT® and other AbilityOne products.
- Provides services such as contract management, call centers, fleet management, and secure document destruction.
- Meets industry standards such as ISO 9000, JACHO and ASHES.
- Federal Government buyers of AbilityOne products or services on the Procurement List should follow the policies and procedures in Federal Acquisition Regulation Subpart 8.7.